Friday, October 22, 2010

Philippians 1:3-6

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. – Philippians 1:3-6
So many times sincere believers feel anxious about where they stand in life. How do I know that I’m in God’s will? How can I be sure that I haven’t missed something along the way? Paul assures the Philippian church and the church today that God is ultimately in control. He is able to hold us to Him better than we are able to hold onto Him.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

This scripture is just what I needed to hear today.  I do hope he is holding on to me at the times that I don't know what I'm holding onto, I'm just holding on, hoping I'll only fall into the cup of his hand when I surely fall.  We are waiting for some big and important news right now, but it's just not going very fast, just not happening  and we are holding on, waiting to see what his will is.  Will we be happy when we get it?  Are we rushing the decision for nothing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment