Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? – Ecclesiastes 2:24-25

No matter your status in life, there is no fulfillment without God.  I wonder this about people all the time who claim not to have "religion."  Having religion or not, having God, accepting God, is fulfillment.  It does make the day easier, the work more joyful, the food taste better, the drink quench the thirst.  Solomon had everything in the world, and yet was unfulfilled in his soul as he wavered back and forth in life and in God.  

I know what it is like to be unfulfilled in my soul.  To wonder why I'm doing this or that.  When I accepted the rich forgiveness of Grace, it changed my day to day gratefulness.  Everything is better.  When we are grateful to God for what he blesses us with, no matter what it is..... there is satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment