Saturday, June 26, 2010

Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. – Philippians 2:3-4

Amazing how the Bible convicts me sometimes.  As if I'm not expecting to be slapped with my own inquities. I've read this verse a 100 times.  Do nothing out of selfish ambition..... I've done lots of things out of ambition.... is it Selfish?  If I read on it says that I should put others ahead of my own selfish ambition.  So, if my ambition is going to harm another, use them as a stepping stone to stomp on when I'm on my way, then it is wrong. 
There is nothing wrong with ambition, just how and what we are "willing" to do to get there. 

Thank you god for reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment