Saturday, August 21, 2010

Titus 1:15

To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. – Titus 1:15
This passage is revolutionary in how we perceive the world around us! Jesus said, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Does everything around you seem corrupt? Maybe the surroundings are not the issue. According to this Scripture we view things according to the condition of our heart. That is why we must guard our heart with all diligence, for from it the issues of life flow.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

I really like this scripture and commentary.  I had a point in part of my life where everything was corrupt including my heart and nothing did seem pure.  I scoffed at things that even sounded like they might be pure.  After all, I was SURE, I would never be guilty of the very sin I was committing.  If I could be corrupted, everything was corrupt.  However, once I gained and grasped, Grace and forgiveness, I began to see things purely.  Joy returned and so did my clean heart and view.  I love that God views me through Jesus eyes with compassion, forgiveness and purity.  Despite my impurities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment