Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. – 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

This is my favorite scripture.  We all have talents and comforting is one of mine.  I love that God has chosen ways to comfort me and that in the learning of that comfort, I will be able to comfort another when the time comes.  

Lost a loved one? Had cancer? Had a miscarriage? Lost a job? Shared an experience?  When God offers comfort by placing some near us who has also experienced our need..... we get God with skin on. He comes even nearer to us.  I love this verse.  It brings me such comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment