Thursday, November 25, 2010

Deuteronomy 8:10

When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you. – Deuteronomy 8:10
Thousands of years after this verse was written, in the midst of a hard winter that killed half of their fellow travelers, the Pilgrims who settled America still had a lot to be thankful for. Just before they arrived, a plague had wiped out a hostile tribe that would have killed them. Fifteen years earlier, one member of that tribe had been taken to Europe, was taught English, became a Christian, and came back to America just in time to teach the Pilgrims how to survive. Thanksgiving is a reminder that we have a good God who rescues us in a broken world.
_____

This scripture instantly said to me that we pray at the end of the meal and thank him that our belly is full.  A very different take from what we normally see done and I think a fantastic thing to try differently. 

+++++++

I am richly blessed this week having spent 2 days in an Italian hospital.  I'm lucky, blessed and completely enriched that God has answered my prayers.  What a blessing, what a blessing.
I can't thank you enough God, there are just no words to convey the gratefulness I feel.

Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment