Friday, May 7, 2010

Matthew 7:24-29

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law. – Matthew 7:24-29

Ever drive through a subdivision where every house looked exactly the same except for the colors. Every third house is yellow, every other one is white.  But the one in the middle was crumbling and looked like it was falling apart, with large cracks up the sides.  The water seeped below the surface and cracked the foundation and there was no fixing the house without fixing the foundation.

Foundation is important.  Who are you building on?  What are you building on?  I am grateful that I had a good foundation as a child, but what if I didn't have that? I know the wind and rain comes.  I ask myself all the time, what do people do when storms come in their life and they don't have Jesus?  Where do they turn?  

I don't want Jesus just to be my foundation though, I want him to be my walls, my windows, my roof, my doors.  I want  him to be everything, I want to live like he is everything.  I want to be wise.

You know how they say don't pray for patience because you'll get problems to be patient through.  If you pray for wisdom, you'll get problems that test where you turn for wisdom and how you exhibit it.  May my foundation be strong, may I lean upon it for wisdom !

No comments:

Post a Comment