Monday, May 3, 2010

Proverbs 1:23

If you had responded to my rebuke, I would have poured out my heart to you and made my thoughts known to you. – Proverbs 1:23
This proverb is referring to the role of wisdom in our lives. It brilliantly captures how we learn: first we don’t know what we don’t know, then we realize that we don’t know, this begins the quest for knowledge, then we actually learn. Responding to correction is the doorway to wisdom pouring it’s heart to us and making it’s thoughts known. To allow correction in our lives is the pathway to wisdom.
Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

I usually try to come up with my own commentary to a verse, but this is almost exactly what I would have written.  We can't hide from rebuke.  We need to own up so that God can use our mistake and make us more like him.  I want to be more like him.  Wisdom in our lives is His blessing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment