Saturday, May 22, 2010

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline. – Proverbs 1:7
When we know that God will ultimately judge all of His creation for how we use the resources that He provides for us, we have the fear of the Lord. That proper reverence is what causes us to tell the truth when no one cares, to act honorably when no one sees. This is the beginning of knowledge.

I have been that fool that despises wisdom and discipline, trying to fake my way through situations or just arguing with someone when I already knew they were right.  I look back now and wonder why I did that?!  Growth from that is the Lord teaching me and I either wish to learn the lesson or continue to be a fool. 

The beginning of wisdom is much better. :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment