Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Proverbs 3:5 & 6

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5 & 6 
 
We do get in trouble when we start trying to rationalize what God might want for us.  Examples of Sarah and Hagai, King Saul, even Peter.  When we are looking at him and always offering up that we want to do his will, his will becomes clearer and clearer.  It doesn't remove our free will, but He wants our free will to be His will.  Us to choose him.  I woke up with a song on my heart this morning of Holy, Holy, Holy. and I was thinking of how in Revelation the beasts are flying about always singing, "Holy, Holy, Holy is our God Almighty, who is and was and is to come."  Revelation 4:8

With those words on my heart, Trusting in the Lord and not leaning on my own understanding seems easy. In fact, it seems like I would never wonder and never doubt.  But then, satan loves to have me doubt, question, try to lean on my own understanding.  Which is faulty unless I am looking at him. 

The last few entries have been about wisdom which comes from the experiences we have both those that we learn from overcoming temptations and those we learn from when we fail.  Letting him direct my path and not trying to make my own is the far better route to wisdom.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting God's word, I will be coming here everyday!!!

    Blessing!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete