Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Psalm 119:69-72

Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies, I keep your precepts with all my heart. Their hearts are callous and unfeeling, but I delight in your law. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold. – Psalm 119:69-72
One of the surest ways to gauge our true spiritual condition is by how we react when we feel misunderstood. When we feel like people are lying about us, do we try to strike back or defend ourselves? God’s word keeps our hearts soft and sensitive when we feel that we are attacked. The Psalmist gives us a way through the attacks from outside and even from within.

This is an important verse in times of trouble and a comfort in between those times.  I do have a tendency to try to defend myself.  But, after practicing this a few times, I've found that leaning on him allows things to work out without me getting in God's way and of course, it's much better that way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment