Tuesday, April 27, 2010

1 Samuel 3:8-9

The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.” Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place. – 1 Samuel 3:8-9
I think I would believe it was my mentor Eli calling me also.  I mean, hearing God speak to me in a dream, or even a waking state, would seem odd.  How wonderful for Eli to realize after the third time that God was calling Samuel.  I want to be a mentor like that.  Someone who would realize that they are mentors, but they are not God.  They are mentors, but teaches the person they are mentoring to go on further by hearing God's call for themselves.  It is a great flattery to have someone want to follow in your steps, but the thing they really need to do is follow in God's steps.  Like Paul said, "follow me as I follow Christ." I Cor 11:1. 

God, may I be an example that shines you and then allows you to shine the path of those who have followed me so they may take their path to your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment