Wednesday, April 21, 2010

John 21:20-22

Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, “Lord, who is going to betray you?”) When Peter saw him, he asked, “Lord, what about him?” Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” – John 21:20-22
I do have a difficult time not comparing myself to others.  Am I doing better than so & so?  At least I'm not like so&so.  And yet there are many many examples besides this one that tells us that no one can see into the heart of another man than God.  I wouldn't want other people to compare over me.  Yet, human nature is to compare.  I should compare, but compare myself to Jesus, who walked and loved and lived.  I must confess that it is difficult to do so because he is perfect and I am not and never will be.  How can I live up to perfection when I am so flawed?  This is a basic question, because philosophically, God sees me through the lens of his perfect son which makes my flaws obliterated, but my mind does not always comply.  My physical mental capabilities are not as transcendent as I would like them to be!

Dear God, help me to look openly at myself and then openly through your eyes at others.  That the path that I walk not be compared to others paths but only to what you would have me to do. 

Be with Brooke today and her examination.  May they praise her for her good work and exhalt her because of you. 

Be with my parents and the sale of their business.  Bring them a good buyer who will allow for them some rest.  Open the doors of a buyer who can afford the offer.  Prevent John from messing it up for them.  Bless them as you have always but in a final way.  I ask this in your will, so I know that it might be fulfilled in other ways that you see fit.  If Judy is that answer, please let the door slam shut on the promotion for her work and let her move to do that job.  Whatever is your will. 

Thank you God for the opportunity to pray to you, through your son, who died for me.  Please forgive me for the wrong doings that I commit, especially for the lies that I think or say.  Continue to teach me oh Lord.
I love you,

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and how you put your thoughts into words. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete