Friday, April 23, 2010

Acts 1:7-8

He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” – Acts 1:7-8
Since the movie 2012 many people have gotten caught up with thoughts on the end times. Yet Jesus was clear; we won’t know the time or dates. Instead, God gives us power to become a witness to our neighborhood (Jerusalem), our nation (Judea), our enemies (Samaria) and ultimately the world. It is important to remind those around us that Jesus is coming again, but to become anxious over a calendar date is a distraction that is neither fruitful nor satisfying.

Today’s commentary by:
Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org

That was the commentary that went with today's scripture and he is right about worrying over the day he will come.  I do think about it and I haven't seen that movie.  I look at the signs that the Bible said would occur, that it would become like the days of Noah where it was so bad that only one family could be found?  So bad that the majority of the people were godless in nature?  I see that occurring now and I do catch myself worrying.  My  special talent is that of encourager.  I am able to encourage good.  I don't talk or witness to my neighbors much (can't speak the language). 

No comments:

Post a Comment