Thursday, April 1, 2010

Luke 22:39-42

 Luke 22:39-42
Jesus went out as usual to the Mount of Olives, and his disciples followed him. On reaching the place, he said to them, “Pray that you will not fall into temptation.” He withdrew about a stone’s throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”  (NIV)

That's a very hard prayer when you are afraid or just when you want something so bad!  There is something I want really bad right now for someone else and I pray, but I don't think I have ever prayed sweat drops of blood.  I don't think I've ever prayed with the fervor that Christ had to pray.  He was only a stone's throw away, how far is that?  Could the disciples still see him?  Did they pray not to fall into temptation?  It is Easter weekend so the daily bible verses are concentrating on those events that led up to his death.  I can't imagine knowing that I was going to go through a brutal, terrible beating and a shameful hanging and being accepting.  It's so hard to imagine.  I'm very grateful that Christ did it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment