Monday, March 8, 2010

1 Corinthians 13:3

1 Corinthians 13:3
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
 
This entire chapter is often used in marriage ceremonies, the love chapter of the Bible.  It has taken me much longer to truly learn about how love works than I would have wanted it to.  To understand God's all encompassing love is a difficult one.  How can he love me and hate my sin when my sin has become such a deep part of me?  How can I love so completely that I can look beyond someone's sins and teach them that God loves them, that I love them through God? .... but still disapprove of the sin?   If I don't love that way, I gain nothing!

Love is being able to speak the truth in such a way that the person may hate you for what you say, but know that you weren't speaking it in hate, but through the love of God.  Love for God is knowing him so well, that I would give whatever he asked of me so that His word and love would get through.   
 
To learn this principle is the key to being his child.  Oh that my love would increase. 


No comments:

Post a Comment