Friday, March 26, 2010

Mark 6:14-15

Mark 6:14-15
King Herod heard about this, for Jesus' name had become well known. Some were saying, 'John the Baptist has been raised from the dead, and that is why miraculous powers are at work in him.' Others said, 'He is Elijah.' And still others claimed, 'He is a prophet, like one of the prophets of long ago.'

I think they are talking about John the Baptist preaching Jesus' name here.  That John the Baptist was like the prophets of old.  This made me wonder, what happened to the Prophets between the old testament and the new?  There was a time when there were no prophets.  It is interesting to point this out because I just thought there were prophets right up until the time that Jesus was born.  But the time had already begun to change to the search for the messiah.  It's probably not important to me that there was a time without prophets, we don't have them now like they did in the old testament.  I'm grateful that the Messiah came, lived and died and that I can believe without wondering when he will come.  I only have to think about the wonderful day that He will come again.  But it is interesting to think about the people of that time.  In reality, they are absolutely no different than us now. 
Interesting thoughts for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment