Monday, March 22, 2010

Ecclesiastes 1:10

Ecclesiastes 1:10
Is there anything of which one can say, 'Look! This is something new'? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. 
 
I have actually thought about this during the week.  I have so much trouble sleeping.  I pray a lot when I wake up in the middle of the night, or before I go to sleep.  Recently on a show called "medicine hunber," there have been a lot of herbs they have shown that help with sleep.  They've been used for hundreds of years.  I've noticed a lot of people going back to using herbs and things that the Indians or the Chinese used for health.  Our modern healthcare system is what WE think is modern.  For years the health people told us not to eat eggs for cholesterol sake.  Now,, they tell us, eat eggs, it has the good cholesterol and protein.  For years, don't drink too much coffee, now DRINK coffee at least two cups a day for your heart.  Don't take aspirin, now TAKE an aspirin every day. Whatever wisdom we think we know, whatever wisdom we thought we gained has been wisdom by some other in the past.  God knew it, saw it, deemed it, granted it, and gave it.   It is these very things that put me in awe of God and doubt our so called "conventional" wisdom.  

God is the alpha and the omega.  The beginning and the end, who is and was and is to come.  May He impart that wisdom to me on a daily basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment