Wednesday, March 24, 2010

John 6:28-29

John 6:28-29
Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works God requires?' Jesus answered, 'The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.' 
 
To believe.  That's so easy.  I do believe.  Then to believe is to see the example of the work that Jesus did and believe in that too.  Caring for the sick, the infirmed, the ailing, comforting the hurt, hugging the outcast, listening, asking questions.... walking a lot.  Always being around other people.
Today I am going to push myself out of the box of my apartment and go to the Library.  This will require some Italian conversation on my part.  I'm pushing myself even writing this.  It's scary, but I must go.  I cannot get around other people if I keep staying in my apartment and limiting myself to the non-people touching of the computer.  While that is good in and of itself.  It is not people contact and Jesus always had people contact. It scares me to death, my hands are sweating just thinking about it.  But, I'm going to go. I believe Jesus was scared and went anyway too. 

Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment