Thursday, March 11, 2010

Philippians 2:3-4


Philippians 2:3-4
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4 Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
I wonder if I do this enough?  I do it sometimes and sometimes I am selfish.  I think back on the years that I KNOW I did things out of selfish ambition.  I tried to act like I wasn't, but I was manipulating the whole situation to get what I wanted.  I pray God does not hold those things against me.  
Looking to the needs of others has always seemed easy for me, which usually means that I'm not looking hard enough if I find it easy.  God usually doesn't want you to do what's easy for you, He picks things he gave you a talent for and then pushes beyond the boundaries.  I don't like being pushed beyond my boundaries usually.  Oy, I am convicted by this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment