Saturday, March 6, 2010

Isaiah 54:10

Isaiah 54:10
Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the LORD, who has compassion on you. 
 
In these days of earthquakes and tsunami's this is great comfort!  Nothing can move God from his love for me.  Nothing I can do will remove his love from me.  I may move from him, I may make bad choices, I might shake my world to the core, but I choose to do those things.  He doesn't remove his love or compassion from me. I do.  
One of my favorite quotes from a movie is, "Some things are true whether you choose to believe them or not."  Nicolas Cage says that in the movie City of Angels.  I have it on my facebook page.  Another similar quote from the recently cancelled TV show Pushing Daisies where the PI Cod says, "The truth is not a litter of puppies running around until you pick the one you like.  There is only one truth."  God is like that.  He is true and we can choose whatever we like, but the truth is we have to Choose HIM.  He is there waiting to have compassion on us when our world is shaking we just have to turn and look. 

Thank you God for having love, peace and compassion for me.  I need it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment