This is just MY opinion.
1. There must be something that people love about that fat faced freckled little child that has no mouth, that is the "magnolia stamp craze" but I don't see it. I'm a huge fan of puddle jumpers and I don't stamp. I mean, I've tried to "stamp" through the years, but I'm not that good at coloring so stamping and digi-stamping are not my thing. I love paper piecing. I love love love my cricut. But, I would like to love stamping too.
2. Praise. We all need praise. I need praise. I love picking out something lovely on a project and pointing it out. I love the cricut message boards and all the people that are starting out and looking to learn what they are doing well and what they could do better. I'm becoming better all the time by the trial and error. I just wish more people would take the time to praise others as much as they like getting praised. I hardly even post over at the MB anymore, but I go there and look at others work and especially praise the newbies. They need it the most. Don't get me wrong, I"M NOT a trophy to everyone kind of girl. But praise is important to keep someone trying.
3. I have become a politico. I never cared much about politics until recently. I know that it is having so much time to do nothing that has led me to listen to political banter and search all the facts. There is little balance on the news. Even on the "Fair and Balanced" Fox network, they are not really that balanced. I've been reading a lot lately, books like Courage and Consequence by Karl Rove and the Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, by Benjamin Franklin. I think Glenn Beck is crazy, but he has some good points. I can't stand Bill Mahr or David Letterman. I think that Jon Stewart is funny but sometimes to crass for my taste. I like humor with my politics, but I also know there is more going on behind the scenes than we even think there might be. I find myself more of an activist the older I get. I do research. Who would have ever guessed?! I pray a lot for our leaders. I dislike Obama not the man, but the policies and beliefs he stands for. So, I pray a lot!
4. People can choose what they want. I love that God gave us choices. Along with our choices though, there are consequences. We can't say, I can do whatever I want and God will love me anyway and not condemn me. No, that is not what God said. He said, choose to love me, choose my ways, choose to give up what you hold dear and I will bless you. We all sin, on a daily basis and we make choices, but the consequences of our choices are on us. Even David, a man after God's own heart, didn't get away with the consequences of his sin. But, he was still a man after God's own heart, he was seeking to live his life in his choice of God. You can't have it both ways. A choice is just that.... you choose one way or the other way. But it IS your choice.
5. There are so many "good" things to do out there. For me, I discovered the cricut card fairies. I make cards for those people on the list that need to be cheered. I can't say enough how many blessings I feel from getting to do this work. Most of the time I don't even know if my card made it to the intended person. But, when I send the card and pray over my list, I feel blessed to get to do it. It brings me such joy.
So, I just had those few things I wanted to say out loud today. I don't get to say much out loud since I'm by myself most of the time. But, this is a way of saying something out loud I guess. It is my opinion and no one else has to read it or listen to it, but I needed to say it.