Monday, March 8, 2010

Philippians 4:12-13

Philippians 4:12-13
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
 
 
I'd like to say I know what it is like to be really in want.  But, being an American, I can't even begin to compare myself with people that are in Haiti right now, enduring so much devastation.  I do know what it is like to be morally wanting.  I know what it is like to have plenty to share and to share it.  I know what it is like to want to have His strength to endure. I know that the secret to being as Paul has described is to KNOW that God is ready to help you through whatever it is if you are HIS.  And that is what gives peace no matter what the situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment