Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mark 1:9-11

Mark 1:9-11
At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: 'You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased. 
 
What pride God must have had in his son to say that to him.  I know that anytime my parents said they were pleased with me, I stood a little taller.  How much more will it be for me when God says that he is pleased with me and welcomes me home.  
 
I also wonder sometimes why there is a battle between religions over baptism.  Why would we not do what Jesus did?  It is the example he gave us. 
 
There are many more examples that Jesus has done that I want to follow as well. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment