Friday, March 12, 2010

Matthew 4:18-20

Matthew 4:18-20
As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 'Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.' At once they left their nets and followed him. 
 
I have often tried to imagine how this might work for me.  If I saw Jesus coming would I go?  Was there something extraordinary about him as the man that your soul would instinctively know to follow him?   I was raised to believe in Christ and I think I would go, but I'm such a "rule" follower. Would I go?  Would I be Martha instead of Mary?  I'm so grateful that Peter and Andrew went.  They have provided some excellent examples for how I should and shouldn't be.  That I might say, "yes" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment